Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 1

12:22 pm. - so I have confirmed that there is no free Wi-fi in terminal 2 at RDU :) . I will be boarding shortly for my flight to JFK which takes about 2 hours. It will be fun if we can work to get a larger group so we can take over the plane from RDU to JFK. It is a small plane! I am updating this post on my blackberry, so I am going to give my fingers a rest. I will update again from New York!

3:00pm -  I arrived in New York to find that there was no free internet in this airport as well.  This provided an opportunity to reflect and to have a moment to "just be."  Make sure you pack light if you are planning on having a cary-on with you for the trip. It is a trek from the terminal we flew into to where we departed from.

6:00pm - We were delayed in our departure due to a generator failing on the right engine.  I was happy to let them take their time fixing this problem :)

6:30pm -  We finally depart and get into the air.  One of the nice features on the plane we will be on is the on-demand touchscreen monitors on the back of each seat.  I enjoyed the selection of movies and tv shows.  Before you get too excited to spend the 8 hours in the air catching up on the latest blockbusters, remember that you will be loosing six hours during the flight.  furthermore, due to the time you depart, it is smart if you sleep because you will be arriving in Paris (Madrid for me, remember we are going to Lourdes first!) the next morning.  I am saying this because I only slept a total of 30 min.  Not smart, but I can't sleep on planes.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Patrick. Safe travels and my prayers are with you. Hold onto your wallet! J-P

    ReplyDelete